The summer transfer window is in its final month for the big European leagues, which means the biggest clubs are looking to make a splash in the market before the start of the new season. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Chelsea to close deal with Lukaku
Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku will complete his medical in London on Tuesday ahead of his return to Chelsea, according to Sky.
Sources told ESPN’s James Olley over the weekend that Lukaku was set for a second stamina at Stamford Bridge after his proposed â¬ 115million transfer was sealed. Details have yet to be finalized in terms of payment plan, but personal terms are not seen as an issue. Sources told ESPN that Lukaku’s salary is around Â£ 250,000 per week.
Sky reports that the 28-year-old underwent the first part of his medical examination in Italy on Monday before traveling to England. If Chelsea can close the deal before 11 p.m. BST on Tuesday, Lukaku could be signed up for Wednesday’s UEFA Super Cup game against Villarreal on Wednesday. However, the European champions are more likely to focus on his preparation for the new Premier League season rather than tomorrow’s centerpiece in Belfast.
Lukaku spent eight years in the Premier League with Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion, Everton and Manchester United before joining Inter in 2019 and helping them win the Serie A title last season.
This might suggest that some of the media clichÃ©s were made today as well as the medical! pic.twitter.com/ddYMVaAwc3
– Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) August 9, 2021
Images of the Belgian international appearing to be holding a Chelsea shirt as he was kicked out of his medical exam on Monday, fueled speculation he will be unveiled as soon as possible as Chelsea’s new record.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
10.12 BST: Manchester City announced that the defender Pierre Pierre signed a new five-year contract at the club.
The new British international agreement completes an astonishing resurgence in his career at the Etihad. After falling out of favor with manager Pep Guardiola, Stones regained his place in the squad last season and his partnership with Ruben Dias at the heart of the defense laid the foundation for City winning the Premier League title and reaching the final. of the Champions League.
the Daily mail reported ahead of the contract announcement that Stones would now earn Â£ 250,000 a week under the terms of his new contract.
He’s here to stay! ðª
John Stones has signed a new five-year contract! âï¸ð
– Manchester City (@ManCity) August 10, 2021
09.48 BST: Southampton have announced the arrival of the Chelsea striker Armando Broja on a one-season loan deal.
Broja, 19, scored 11 goals in 34 appearances while on loan at Vitesse Arnhem last season. Help them to finish fourth in the Eredivisie.
The Albanian international is moving to St Mary’s after recently signing a five-year contract with Chelsea.
“Armando is a very talented player who impressed us last season,” said Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl. âHe’s young, but now he comes with a full season of senior football experience with a good team, and he brings a lot of qualities that can help us.
“He’s a strong and fast player with good instinct and that makes him a good fit for the way we like to play. I know how much he is regarded by Chelsea, and I think it will be a good place to be. him to continue his own development too. “
– Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) August 10, 2021
09.22 BST: Villareal striker Gerard Moreno extended his contract with the LaLiga club until June 2027.
The Spain international was rewarded for his 30 goals scored in all competitions, including one in the Europa League final his side won on penalties against Manchester United.
GÃ©rard was promoted to Villarreal’s first team in 2012 before being transferred to Espanyol three years later. He has been a regular with the Villarreal squad since returning to the club in the summer of 2018.
The 29-year-old is one goal away from becoming the club’s all-time top scorer with 82 goals, the same as Giuseppe Rossi.
“I can’t wait to experience the same joys we experienced last season, starting with the European Supercup,” he added. Gerard said.
08.38 BST: Tottenham Hotspur watch Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic to increase their attack options, Sky reports.
Vlahovic, 21, scored 21 goals in 37 appearances for the Serie A side last season, and is one of many forwards on Spurs’ radar.
Sky reports that the Serbian international’s agent is set to discuss the player’s future with Fiorentina. The club reportedly want a transfer fee of around â¬ 60million if they decide not to sign a new contract.
08:00 BST: A member from Barcelona has lodged complaints with a French court and with the European Commission of the EU in an attempt to block any movement of Lionel messi at Paris Saint-Germain, according to documents seen by Reuters on Monday.
In the complaints, shared by the supporter’s lawyer, Juan Branco, the Barca member claims that the French football authorities have not enforced their own Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules in order to help PSG become a force in European football.
Barcelona, ââlike their main La Liga rivals Real Madrid, are wholly owned by their contributing members known as socios.
In particular, FFP rules prohibit top European clubs from paying their player teams an excessive share of their total income, according to the member’s complaints, which also state that the transfer of the 34-year-old to PSG would violate the code.
PSG and the Professional Football League did not immediately respond to requests for comment. The European Commission has confirmed receipt of the complaint.
PAPER GOSSIP (Nick Judd)
– North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are both keen to sign the 21-year-old Bordeaux midfielder Yacine Adli, according to Santi Aouna from FootMercato. The two clubs are both reportedly making an offer, although AC Milan have already offered Â£ 10million to the French attacking midfielder. Bordeaux are keen to receive higher fees, however, and are therefore interested in listening to what Spurs and Arsenal are willing to say. Lille are also interested in Adli as they are considering replacements for Renato Sanches should he leave the club.
– Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele envisions his future in north London, according to Athleticism. They believe the 24-year-old Frenchman will spend August pondering his options after being excluded from the Spurs squad which faced Arsenal this weekend. Ndombele has struggled to reach his peak since joining Spurs in 2019, and although his existing deal expires in 2025, he could be slated for an exit 12 months after he was first linked with an estrangement. Londoners.
– Paris Saint-Germain may need to balance the books if they want to complete the striker’s signing Lionel messi Barcelona, ââand to do so they will have to consider losing players such as Abdou Diallo, Thilo Kehrer, Idrissa Gueye and Rafinha. It is also from Athleticism, which reports Mauro icardi and Ander Herrera risk heading towards the exit gate of the Parc des Princes. If Messi signs a two-year contract, as has been reported, boss Mauricio Pochettino will have to rationalize his squad of players.
– Spanish point of sale LIKE believes that the need for PSG to comply with FFP demands after Messi’s imminent arrival could also benefit Real Madrid in their pursuit of the 22-year-old forward Kylian MbappÃ©. The French striker is reluctant to sign an extension of his current contract, and with Neymar Having recently signed a new deal, combined with the arrival of Messi, it appears that Mbappe has little leeway to negotiate with the PSG board. Madrid have been calm in the transfer window so far, and they may be waiting to see how the Messi saga unfolds before jumping into Mbappe’s long-term target.
– AC Milan get closer to signing a right-back Alexandre florenzi from Rome, according to Fabrice Romano. As a loan movement for Diogo Dalot looks set to fall apart, with no deal reached between Milan and Manchester United on loan fees, a deal for Florenzi appears to be closer to completion. Negotiations are in the final stages, says Romano, and the Rossoneri hope to seal the 30-year-old on loan with an option to buy.
– Lyon approached Liverpool for a disgraced striker Xherdan Shaqiri, according to The team The report claims Liverpool hope to recover around Â£ 12.75million if they let the Switzerland international leave Anfield for League 1. Shaqiri admitted he is looking to move away from the club as he finds himself in the hierarchy under Jurgen Klopp. , and he was not involved in the Reds’ friendly victory over Osasuna on Monday night. Shaqiri is under contract with the Merseysiders until 2023, but Lyon boss Peter Bosz is a big fan of the mercurial left foot, and the Ligue 1 side have reportedly made an undisclosed offer.